Disclaimer: The written contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect the opinions, policies or position of any institution or individual(s) mentioned herein, including the US Government, Peace Corps, the Government of Namibia, or its citizens. Any similarity is purely coincidental.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Independence Weekend

Good news! My flat is finished, and I have now *officialy* moved into my home for the next 19 months. And what great timing, as I had 7 people come into town for the holiday weekend. It's been a lot of fun catching up with my friends I haven't seen since swearing in back in January. Last night we saw the worst movie ever, The New World. What a waste! We were so excited to go to a movie, but it was crap! Colin Ferrall, I want my N$30 back!!! However, today we will make up for it, as we are going to cook a delightful meal tonight and hang out at my new place. I'm excited to break in my new flat (figuratively speaking) :)

We watched the movie Beyond Borders the other night with Angelina Jolie. I recommend this movie, because it was filmed in Namibia, just outside of Swakopmund! They even have a section at the end of the dvd that shows them filming the movie here. You'll get a glimpse of the desert and the mist here in Swakopmund!

Independence day was pretty relaxing. 2 of my friends were here until this morning, so we went to breakfast at Out of Africa, a nice little outdoor cafe. After they left, I cleaned up the flat and took a nap. I am definitely coming down with something, maybe just a cold, because I slept most of the day. In the afternoon, I went with my friends down to Walvis Bay for Independence day festivities, but nothing was really going on, just a soccer match. I heard there was a big celebration in Windhoek, but also heard rumors it was pouring down rain and there were really long lines for everything. Glad my day was more low key!

**I just found out my boyfriend Juan got into Columbia University's Master in Public Health program. Congratulations Juan!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home