Disclaimer: The written contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect the opinions, policies or position of any institution or individual(s) mentioned herein, including the US Government, Peace Corps, the Government of Namibia, or its citizens. Any similarity is purely coincidental.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I'm in Phily!

Hi Everyone!
Just wanted to drop a line and let you know I made it safely to Philadelphia. My bags are SUPER heavy, but I made it to the hotel without any problems. Staging is going very well...we are learning about the basics of the Peace Corps. Not too much talk about Namibia yet. We learn about country specifics once we arrive. I just found out we are spending the night in Johannesburg and fly to Windhoek the next morning.

Everyone here is really nice and very interesting. I'm looking forward to getting to know them more!

I met up with 2 old friends of mine last night....Jessica (Gina's friend!) and Andrew Lipke. I was really glad to catch up with them while I'm in town. Oh, and Tom Douglas (Stephanie Douglas's husband) was sitting behind me on the flight to Phily!!! Small world!

Peace Corps told us to let you all know not to expect to hear from us until at least after Nov. 12th. Hopefully I will have internet or even a cell phone!

That's all for now.....the next post will be from Namibia!!!!!

all the best,
Pam

1 Comments:

Blogger scarpaci said...

We can't wait to hear Moher about your trip. It's a real cliff hanger.
love, m and j
p.s. say hi to killian trixiebelle whatever for me.

4:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home