Disclaimer: The written contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect the opinions, policies or position of any institution or individual(s) mentioned herein, including the US Government, Peace Corps, the Government of Namibia, or its citizens. Any similarity is purely coincidental.

Monday, October 10, 2005

My address while I'm in Training

Hello everyone!

I wanted to explain a little more about my training period. During the first 2 months, I will learn about the culture of Namibia, the language (I'm not sure which one as of yet. There are many languages, so it all depends on where my permanent site will be.), and how to properly do my job as a Primary Teacher Trainer. Hopefully during this time I will be able to experience different foods - like goat!! I know it might sound a little gross, but there are plenty of goats there, so that's what they eat! I can't wait to tell you what else will be on the menu!

I'm also excited about the music. I am sure there will be much singing and dancing, and hopefully some drumming too!

Thank you to Miss D's class for posting a comment and a few ideas!!! I will definitely take a gift to give to my host family. What do you think about a Boston Red Sox hat??? Thank you for your kind words...I will write to you whether I'm lonely or not!

Please feel free to write while I'm in training. The following address is good until January 1st, 2006. The cost for 1 letter in an envelope is $.80. You should allow 2 weeks for a letter to get to me:

Pamela Lowry, PCT
Peace Corps
PO Box 6862
Ausspannplatz,
Windhoek, Namibia
AFRICA

Once I move to my permanent site to start my job, I will have a different address. After January 1, 2006, this address will be good for 2 years.

Have a great week. I leave in 4 weeks from today!!!

Sincerely,
Pam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home