Disclaimer: The written contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect the opinions, policies or position of any institution or individual(s) mentioned herein, including the US Government, Peace Corps, the Government of Namibia, or its citizens. Any similarity is purely coincidental.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Flight is Booked!!

My staging kit finally arrived last week, which meant I could then book my flight to Phily! I leave at the dreaded hour of 7am on my mom's birthday. (sorry mom!) There will be an information meeting the day I arrive and all day on the 8th. Nov. 9th, we fly to Johannesburg, South Africa, via Senegal. oooh!!

Each and every day I think to myself, what exactly am I getting into?? But, I suppose it's all part of the fun. I've traveled abroad many times and always have the same feeling. I would never take back any of the experiences I've had thus far. If there isn't an element of fear in what I do, then I become too comfortable. I'm not interested in living a life where I just coast through....

"Do one thing everyday that scares you...."

What about doing something for 2 years?

1 Comments:

Blogger Zandrea! said...

Hi Pam-- I'm so glad you are keeping a blog! I can imagine your nervousness, but you'll have a great time and we can live vicariously through you! Happy late birthday:)
love, Andrea

7:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home