Disclaimer: The written contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect the opinions, policies or position of any institution or individual(s) mentioned herein, including the US Government, Peace Corps, the Government of Namibia, or its citizens. Any similarity is purely coincidental.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

A final thought....

A lot has happened in the last month, so much that it is hard to think about how fast life is moving for me now. For those of you who don't know, I was offered a job at the Harlem Success Charter Academy! Four days after I got back from Namibia, I headed up to NYC to interview for this job, after having a phone interview in Namibia the month before. I anxiously awaited to hear back from the school, and soon after the new year, they called with the good news. I promptly headed up to New York to find an apartment. The stars must be aligned for me, as it took me 2 days to find a wonderful place in Harlem...with my own bathroom! I couldn't be more thrilled!

So I've moved in and am taking this week to settle into my new place and neighborhood. It is a vibrant area (as is ALL of NYC!) and I am in love with it. This certainly will be an exciting stage in my life, one in which I may settle into for a while. It's comforting to know that there is no time limit on my living here. There was a strange feeling while in Peace Corps, that it was temporary, even though it was 2 years of my life.

I will start off next week at Harlem Success as a co-teacher in a first grade classroom. It's a way to get me in the door, as next year they are opening up 3 new schools. I will be the music teacher at one of those schools!

I'm looking forward to a life filled with tons and tons of music - the New York Phil, the Met Opera and City Opera, the fantastic gospel choirs in Harlem, the local jazz musicians, African drummers and discovering new music. NYC is such a playground! The free concerts, art museums, exhibits, and let's not forget the SHOPPING!

I'm also enjoying good food and the company of old friends. I am in heaven!

I will leave this blog for now, as it was dedicated to my life as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Namibia from 2005-2007. It is a service I am immensely proud of, and I wish all those about to embark on a similar adventure all the best. It will change you if you allow it to.

Thanks again for reading!

Love,
Pam

1 Comments:

Blogger megat said...

Hi!! Your blog are very ingenius and nice. I hope follow my blog.

11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home