Disclaimer: The written contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect the opinions, policies or position of any institution or individual(s) mentioned herein, including the US Government, Peace Corps, the Government of Namibia, or its citizens. Any similarity is purely coincidental.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm not trying to get polio

In case you're not up on your Namibian headlines....there has been an outbreak of polio here. It's a little strange, because polio has been obselete in this country for 15 years or so. Of course I got all the proper vaccinations before my arrival and 1 million more once I arrived, but for some reason I felt compelled to investigate more on this front. The media has been encouraging everyone, no matter if you live here or not, to get vaccinated. So, I went this morning and got my 3 droplets of salty polio vaccine. eww. But, it's better than getting polio, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home