Disclaimer: The written contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect the opinions, policies or position of any institution or individual(s) mentioned herein, including the US Government, Peace Corps, the Government of Namibia, or its citizens. Any similarity is purely coincidental.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

There goes Peter Cottontail - with my computer!

Ah, Easter Weekend.....we had Friday and Monday off from work, and with all the learners gone from the hostel, it was pretty quiet. I enjoyed every moment, especially hanging with my friends who came into town - Jason and Dan from my group, Shannon, Mervyn and James. I also attended an Easter braai and Easter egg hunt at Casey, Beau, and Lex's house.

So yes, my computer is officially broken. 2 weeks ago I shut it down, and now it won't make it to the desktop without shutting off by itself. I was just having this discussion with a fellow volunteer, Pat who stays in Schlip. His computer died a few months ago, and I said how I don't know how I would cope if that happened to me...and now it has! Luckily, there is a guy in Windhoek who knows Macs, so I sent it off by courier this morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't be anything major and won't cost me a zillion dollars! Ugh!

Good news is that I bought my Intercape tickets for Cape Town in May! My friend Snoti and I will be making the 19hour trek down there. I'm also in the midst of planning a trip around Nam for when my friend Gina comes. It's so exciting to think of her here!!

The weather is turning cool these days, especially at night. I'm looking forward to the change, but am kind of dreading the bitter wind that is sure to haunt me!

Any updates Stateside? Let me know what's going on...please!!

p.s. I want to give a HUGE thank you to my friend Kris Hartman who sent me 2 fantastic packages last month!!! I also want to thank my mommy who has sent me 3 packages (she had to cram them all in before she became immobile after her surgery) and to my friends Gabriel and Andrea for their wonderful card! It means a lot!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home