Disclaimer: The written contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect the opinions, policies or position of any institution or individual(s) mentioned herein, including the US Government, Peace Corps, the Government of Namibia, or its citizens. Any similarity is purely coincidental.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What the!?!?

I've decided that long posts are really boring, so I'll try to condense all that's been happening here into a concise post. Enjoy.

I don't believe what is going on outside my window here in Swakopmund! They sky is completely blue without a cloud in the sky, and the sun is SHINING!!! I don't think I've seen the sun at this time of day since last February. Does that mean it is really spring here??? It was even raining last week for about 30 seconds. Very strange. It's warm outside right now too! I don't have to wear a jacket.

I'm sure by 4pm the mist will return and my dream day will be smashed. (don't you love my optimism?)

Becca and I have now been without hot water for 1 month. Imagine taking a cold shower in the morning when it's only about 50 degrees and you don't have heat in your house. Not fun.

I hiked (hitch-hiked) up to Omaruru last week to teach a workshop with my pal Caitlin. We put it all together last minute (as the original facilitator canceled) so we were left to pick up the pieces. We rocked it though. We also had to say goodbye to our dear friends Autumn and Marcus who run the Sand Dragon. They moved back to the States last week :( It was really sad to see them go, as they have been a huge support system to all of us PCV's since we got here.

I'm going camping with the grade 4's in MYO this weekend. We are going to one of the sponsor's farms by the Swakop river. For most, it will be their first overnight away from home. We told the kids there is a lion who lives in the river. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! (screams from all the kids.....)

I'll be stateside in less than 2 months now!!!! Whew hoo!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home